2006 – 2018: 12 YEARS OF SUPPORTING ENTERPRISE
Based in the most deprived ward in the country, Social Enterprise Solutions is a community organisation that acts as a beacon of hope for many.
Working primarily in the north west of England Social Enterprise Solutions CIC has successfully delivered enterprise support to individuals, community groups, charities, the private and the public sector in the development of social businesses.
As thought-leaders in social enterprise, the team have initiated and driven a national approach to establishing Social Enterprise Places working in collaboration with Liverpool Hope University, Social Enterprise UK, Co-operatives UK, RBS and The Royal Society of Arts. Social Enterprise UK are now introducing the concept across the country.
Staff at Social Enterprise Solutions operate to the highest professional level as Chartered Management Institute accredited professional social business advisors, mentors and coaches specialising in social enterprise.
The organisation has delivered enterprise start-up support through the European funds such as Building Better Opportunities and Start Up Lancashire.
The team developed a regional reach through contracts with 3SC to deliver Future Jobs Fund placements, where opportunities were created for over 175 young people to work in the social enterprise sector.
But we’re more than just business advisors. We care passionately about the area that we work in and the wider social enterprise sector. Here’s just a flavour of the types of projects which the team has delivered:
Working with Myerscough College: We opened and managed a retail shop in St Anne’s for a Made in Lancashire pilot as a high street innovation project selling locally sourced ambient food products and crafts.
- Blackpool & Fylde College: We developed and delivered a Social Enterprise Ambassador training pilot programme funded by the Learning and Skills Innovation Service.
- JobCentre Plus: We arranged placements for people from disadvantaged areas to obtain private sector work experience. Also, we arranged a highly successful Linked-Up Start Up event in Blackpool bringing local employment-related agencies together with inspirational speakers to encourage economically inactive residents to consider the self-employment option
- Housing Associations: Helping people to become employment ready.
One Blackpool Ltd is an infrastructure organisation supporting the Third Sector. Social Enterprise Solutions CIC is a founder and partner in the development of Blackpool’s first Cooperative Consortia.
Lottery Funded Big Assist Programme: Social Enterprise Solutions CIC is an approved provider organisation and have delivered strategic planning support to a number of infrastructure organisations across Lancashire, Cumbria and Yorkshire
We collaborate closely with Business In The Community and have hosted the Blackpool Business Connector and the BITC Place Coordinator since 2013.
Expertise also includes:
- Third Sector Stakeholder Mapping
- Strategic and Business Development assistance and training
- Third Sector Marketing and Public Relations